This tutorial is 6 steps and has a difficulty of Easy. This tutorial will show you from start to
finish how to make an "energy blast". The result is pictured below.
1. First create a new document, I'm going to use a 300 x 300 pixel image, you can use whatever size document
you want though. Now, you need to reset the colors by pressing D and then X.
2. Go to Filter > Render > Clouds.
3. Now you need to go to Filter > Pixelate > Mezzotint. Set the type to sort lines, press ok and you should
now have something similar to the image pictured below.
4. You now need to go to Filter > Blur > Radial Blur. Set the amount to 100, Blur Method to zoom, and
Quality to best. Press ok. You should now have something like the below.
5. Now Repeat step 5 and after doing so press Ctrl + U To bring up the Hue/Saturation. Check Colorize, and
now set the Hue to 200, and the Saturation to 40, now press ok and you should now have something similar to the image pictured
6. Duplicate your layer by going to Layer > Duplicate Layer. Now select the layer from the layers pallet
which you can bring up by going to Window > Layers. And set the layer's mode to overlay, it's to the left of opacity, just
click where is says normal and then in the little drop down menu select overlay. Now you need to go to Edit > Transform >
Flip Horizontal. Here is my finished product.